MELA FOR HER
MELA FOR HER is a social startup enterprise based in Ethiopia that transforms women and girls’ lives across Ethiopia by providing them with access to affordable and eco-friendly menstrual products, menstrual health education, and job opportunities.
MELA FOR HER is looking for a vibrant, energetic and experienced professional to uptake the newly created position of SOCIAL MARKETING AND SALES OFFICER. Your main goal will be to ensure that all women and girls in Ethiopia have access to MELA’s products and services.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the CEO of MELA, the position holder is expected to be responsible for the following roles:
● Market intelligence: Continuous review of the current menstrual hygiene sector environment in Ethiopia and worldwide; conduct market assessments, including competitive developments and analysis of trends; solicit, manage and incorporate feedback from users and customers on products, services and marketing and sales campaigns and initiatives with the purpose of learning and ensuring high quality standards.
● Marketing and sales strategy development and implementation: Develop MELA’s marketing and sales strategy; implementation of plans and budgets that support the sales of our products and services across a variety of channels in the country; define market segments that hold the most potential for a rapid scaling up of product distribution and service delivery; investigate market potential for other products related to MELA’s core business; meet quarterly sales / income targets while ensuring that pricing, margins and discounts are appropriate and support achievement of MELA’s social objectives; develop and regularly review pricing strategy and make adjustments in line with competitor’s prices, and/or affordability of products and services targeting clients; ensure that all sales and marketing activities are compliant with local laws, particularly regarding distribution, promotion and export of products; design and implement tools to monitor marketing, sales and communications activities.
● Product distribution: Identify, select and manage marketing and distribution channels and partners at national, regional, and local levelsfor MELA´s products; manage sales through community-based distribution networks across the country and using new technologies; develop partnership agreements when needed to ensure that our products reach all women and girls in the country.
● Social marketing: Develop creative and informative social marketing materials; support sales teams to develop and implement timely and high-quality social marketing and brand promotion activities; in collaboration with other team members, actively seek out and support opportunities to expand sales through communication activities, partnerships/networking, awareness raising campaigns, projects and others.
● Management: Daily coordination of the social marketing and sales department and team; planning of weekly, monthly and annual activities, assigning tasks and responsibilities to team members; management of consultants and sub-contracts, if any; deliver marketing activities within agreed budget; manage and be accountable for department budgets and work plans.
● Human Resources supervision: Direct supervision of sales and marketing staff, including setting targets and incentives as well as conducting following up, appraisals and providing with feedback on their performance; plan, organize and carry out necessary capacity building for MELA and partners’ staff and clients related to product marketing and service delivery.
● MELA Management team (MMT): Actively contribute to the strategic direction and planning of MELA and represent the organization at meetings, workshops, or other relevant forums, when necessary; manage and coordinate all brand, marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
● Other job-related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
● Postgraduate degree in Marketing, Economics or Business Management related studies
● Relevant experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing and sales strategies and in leading and mentoring marketing and sales teams, preferably with sectors related to MELA’s products
● Proven experience in customer and market research, effective distribution channels and a variety of marketing techniques, including online
● A good understanding of social marketing and a passion for cause-based marketing
● Experience in building and managing highly productive relationships with a wide range of partners
● Understands concepts of financial and business acumen. Budget-management skills
● Knowledge of most common computer programs (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook, etc.)
● Full competency both in English and Amharic (knowledge of other local languages is an advantage)
● Deep commitment to gender equality and women’s empowerment and alignment with MELA’s mission and values
● Organized, independent, problem-solving, result-oriented and high planning capacities
● Stress management, flexibility, ability to adapt to changing contexts
● Excellent interpersonal and networking skills. Ability to work with people from different backgrounds
● Excellent oral and writing communication skills
● Creative and Innovative person
● Research and analytical skills
The position is based in Addis Ababa with occasional trips to regions.
The selected person is required to follow COVID-19 safety protocols in all workplaces.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please send us your CV and motivation letter in English at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline: 21st February 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com