Our strategy for the next three years addresses the need to continuing building the SE ecosystem and ensuring our own sustainability as the only national association for the sector in Ethiopia. Our overall three-year strategy covers the following areas:
- Policy development: acknowledging that this is a long-term process, it remains one of the key strategies as it will have the greatest impact on the sector. We have already setup a policy taskforce to advance policy change and engage on advocacy with government.
- Impact measurement: once more recognizing that impact measurement is a major challenge, we will capacitate the sector and government by providing the skills to identify and measure impact through arming them with various impact measurement tools.
- Financial sustainability: to ensure that the association’s long-term sustainability we rely heavily on our financial viability, hence we will utilise our existing skills to diversity our income. including providing consulting services to support entrepreneurship development.
- Be part of the community of social entrepreneurs for peer learning and support
- Free or preferential rates to conference and events
- Access to engagement opportunities with our partner organizations and sector champions
- Exclusive invitations to industry events and networking
- Build networks between fellow social enterprises, government, donors and investors
- Exclusive features in SEE online directory
- Media engagement opportunity where possible
- Shout out features on SEE digital media platforms
- Recognition of your business for its positive contribution as a social enterprise
- Exclusive discounted training programs for you and your employees
- Exclusive offer on business service from partner organizations
- Customized toolkits for social enterprises
- Special rates for office, co-working and event spaces
- Run effective campaigns and lobby on the sector’s behalf
- Carry out robust and respected research to help paint a picture of the Ethiopia’s social enterprise movement
- Raise awareness of the role that social enterprises play in delivering sustainable development
- Raise the profile of people and social enterprises in the sector
SEE supports the creation of an enabling atmosphere where social enterprises can flourish. We support them by building awareness, advocating for policy change, and providing business capacity building support.